Adventures in MarriageView All Classes
About this Class
Most couples do not know “how” to be married. Adventures in Marriage helps couples discover better ways to meet one another’s needs, communicate, resolve conflicts, express anger, avoid dirty fighting, and understand how their personality styles impact relationships for better or worse. Fun, practical, and easy to learn, Adventures in Marriage is appropriate for couples at any age or stage. The program is designed to reach couples across the spectrum – from happy and highly motivated to struggling and highly stressed.
Adventures in Marriage combines Christian principles with the latest research to provide specific, practical, attainable skills for a successful marriage. Come learn how to create the marriage you have always wanted with the spouse you already have!
Some of the benefits from Adventures in Marriage include:
· Recognize when your communication style is more of a problem than the actual problem you are facing
· Develop the ability to feel genuine empathy for your partner instead of secret resentment
· Express yourself clearly so that your thoughts and feelings can be recognized and understood without causing your spouse to feel defensive, resentful, overwhelmed, manipulated or inadequate
· Avoid the mind reading that so often leads to misunderstanding between couples, and learn to avoid assumptions
· Express and accept anger without destroying love
· Fight in such a way that you resolve the issues at hand and feel closer to your spouse
· Acknowledge and enjoy the differences between you and your spouse, rather than seeing him/her as a threat
· Understand what went wrong in previous relationships or what may be going wrong now.
The cost per couple is $40 to cover materials and includes the required workbooks for each spouse.